Monday, April 29, 2013

Splash




I have been wanting to do an African American girl for a while so this is her. I LOVE her hair! I was thinking of Marie Antionette when I did it and of course my previous piece, Joyeux. I love using this swing theme in my pieces because it always reminds me of the Country Bear Jamboree at Disneyland when the bear comes down from the ceiling for the finale or the Tiki room with the beautiful white birds in the center. I can see a girl in a cage being a little controversial but it wasn't intended as such. I thought of this cage as a canvas and there is no hidden meaning. I love how whimsical and fun this is and now that I did all that hair I have Marie Antionette on my mind so maybe for the next piece?


1 comment:

Martin T said...

Lovved reading this thanks